Its a common issue to install VMWare ESXi 5.5 on Dell Optiplex, you may encounter an error “Network card not found”..
Use this helper to customize the ISO file to include the driver.
Download ESXi Customizer: “V-Front will create custom image with”
Download this VIB file
It will replace existing Net-e1000e Version 1.1.2 with Version 2.1.4 and create custom ISO file.
Old Version: net-e1000e-918739266.xml
- Download the latest version of the ESXi-Customizer script
- Run ESXi-Customizer.cmdfrom the installation directory.
- A GUI will show up that lets you select the original VMware install-ISO, the customization file and a working directory for the script.
For TGZ files you can choose a repacking option: The default is Force repacking, because this is how older versions behaved, other choices are Do not touchand Force repacking and pause for advanced editing. Hover your mouse over these options to get tooltips displayed with information on their purposes.
- Press the Run!-button to start the customization process.
- The script will auto-detect the ESXi version.
- If you try to customize an ESXi 4.1 media and you do not have administrative privileges or have UAC (User account control) enabled in Windows you will be prompted to allow the script to run with administrative access. Enter the credentials of an administrative user if needed and select Yes to continue.
- The customized ISO file that is produced by the script will be stored in the working directory, together with a detailed log file (that is necessary for troubleshooting in case something goes wrong)
- Please use the update check feature if possible to be informed about updates of this script.